VOICE ROVING MONITORING & EVALUTATION OFFICER ASIA
Oxfam is an international confederation of 19 organizations networked together in 97 countries. As part of a global movement for change, Oxfam is working with thousands of partners around the world to end world poverty and injustice. Oxfam works directly with communities and at the policy level to enable the most marginalized to improve their lives and livelihoods and have a say in decisions that affect them. Contracted directly by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Oxfam with Hivos are implementing Voice to help unleash thus far unheard voices.
Voice* is an innovative grant facility that supports the most marginalised and discriminated rightsholder groups in their efforts to exert influence in accessing productive and social services and political participation. Voice works with the following five rightsholder groups, prioritising those rightsholders that may face double or overlapping vulnerabilities. 1). People with disabilities; 2) Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people; 3) Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence; 4) Vulnerable youth and elderly/senior citizens; 5) Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities.
These groups are often the hardest to reach. For more information please visit www.voice.global
The role of Roving Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is a new role within the decentralised Coordination Team, based in Manilla, Nairobi, Niamey and The Hague. Based on the learnings of the 2019 Mid-Term Review, it was decided to decentralise the global MEL officer into two regional roles: one for Africa and one for South East Asia. These decentralised roles would ensure closer liaisons with the country teams in realising their M&E plan, as part of the global results framework.
Reports to: Voice Linking and Learning Coordinator, based in The Hague.
1. To ensure quality delivery against the global Voice results framework, taking into account the Hivos and Oxfam (Novib) results framework
2. To develop, assess and refine a global inventory of context-specific tools and approaches for data gathering and analysis, using the Oxfam (Novib) system as a basis
3. To lead on Voice M & E activities for Asia, ensuring coherence with the global plan
4. To act as a focal point for M & E related communications in Asia
5. To enhance quality of country level reporting on results and outcomes in the 4 Asian Voice focus countries
1. Develops global-level plans and reports related to the progress and impact of the Voice programme, together with the Roving M& E officer for Africa
2. Together with Voice country teams, develops country-level M & E plans and reports aligned to the global results framework
3. Coordinates the overall programme information gathering and impact measurement process and makes sense of country-level outcome and output data for Asia
4. Processes project monitoring and evaluation information of the global grants in the programme registration system
5. Supports country teams in Asia to process project monitoring and evaluation information of grants in the programme registration system
6. Supports country teams to gather and analyse project output and outcome data, as per the overall M & E plan
7. Coordinates the development and peer-evaluation of tools for tailor-made assessments, project monitoring and evaluations
8. Leads on overall functioning, and manages in-country implementation of the Outcome Harvesting, change stories’ and other relevant qualitative data gathering processes, in close collaboration with the Africa Roving M&E Officer and Communications Hub
9. Together with the L&L coordinator and L&L Community of Practice, develops and curates a global Voice knowledge management and learning system
10. Ensures evidence-based cross-fertilisation with other programmes in-country and in the region
Travel: The position is based in Laos with regular travel to Cambodia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
Technical skills & experience:
• Relevant academic education in the field of social studies or equivalent in work experience
• 3 years’ professional experience in similar local context
• Affinity with data monitoring and administration
• Experience in gathering, analysing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data
• Excellent verbal and written knowledge of English; any of the languages spoken in the 4 Voice focus countries in South East Asia are a bonus.
Other essential skills:
• Well-organised and results-oriented
• Attentive to detail
• Able to perform high quality tasks independently
• Team player, networker, socially interactive
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
• Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of inclusiveness, gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
• Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
What do we offer?
We offer a stimulating work environment within a professional international organisation with very dedicated staff. You will be based at the Oxfam office in Laos. The employment is initially offered for the period of 1 year. Your gross salary depends on experience and is up to a maximum of USD 20,817 (more for exceptional candidates), which is based on a full time work week. Starting date will be January , 2021.
For those who are interested in this post, please send your applications to Oxfam recruitment website at https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=7669&compa...
by December 1, 2020 at 5 pm Laos time.
Applications from any of Voice rightsholder groups will be prioritised
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
*Voice is a partnership between Oxfam Novib, Hivos and the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For more information please visit www.voice.global