Program Management Support Consultant
Oxfam in Laos (OiL) is seeking an experienced Consultant to support short-term surge capacity program management support to OiL’s Sustainable Development and Responsible Investment program unit. The Consultant will provide strategic steer and oversight of projects under this unit to ensure effective and timely implementation of project activities and deliverables. The Consultant will also support business development needs within the unit, and support the team across various capacity building needs. The Consultant should have a deep understanding and knowledge of the context and operating environment in Laos. The Consultant should also be experienced managing projects for a variety of donors such as DFAT and SDC.
- Specific tasks
- Support the team with priority setting and horizon planning of all projects within the unit to ensure realistic and appropriate sequencing of activities and deliverables
- Lead weekly meetings with each team member to ensure workplans are in place and followed adequately, and project budgets are spent and managed in line with the financial management systems
- Support the team with monthly budget versus actual reconciliation
- Lead on monthly Project Review Meetings together with the relevant project officers and project finance officers
- Provide critical review and editing of donor reports and other written deliverables in English
- Support the development of concept notes and/or proposals for institutional donors and internal Oxfam funding opportunities that fall within the Sustainable Development and Responsible Investment unit. This may include supporting design workshops with OiL staff and partners.
- Provide capacity support, mentoring and/or coaching to individual program teams or colleagues as needed
- Output/Deliverable Schedule
The output schedule will be determined in agreement between the OiL Country Manager, the program team, and the Consultant based on the specific needs that arise during the assignment period. The deliverable schedule for specific outputs will be based on reasonable timeframes, taking into account expectation of 50% time for 3 months.
- Duration and Location of Assignment
30 Working Days from March – May 2021. The preferred schedule is to have the consultant work in the OiL office 4 hours per day, 5 days per week during the duration of the assignment. The OiL office is located in Vientiane, Laos.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing donor funded development projects, preferably in Laos or similar country context
- Experience in managing teams to deliver activities against planned projects objectives and results within set timeframes
- Thematic knowledge in the areas of sustainable development, responsible investment practices, and private sector engagement
- Strong skills in donor reporting and proposal writing.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Fluency in English, Lao language skills an asset
- How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send a financial quote (in Euros) and a Technical proposal.
The Financial quote must include:
- Consultancy fees: unit price, number of days, total price
- VAT. If you are exempted please provide proof thereof.
- Grand total
The Technical proposal must include:
- Letter of interest stating relevant experience and qualifications
- CV/company profile with contact details for 3 references
- Proposed approach/methodology for data collection and analysis during the assignment
- Sample of previous work.
Deadline for submitting applications: 24 February 2021, at 5:00 PM Laos time
If you experience e-mail problems please contract HR at +856 20 555 69632.